10 Reasons Taxes Suck
How about a fun Thursday post? This week I had to pay my estimated quarterly taxes. This way Uncle Sam won’t throw my ass in the slammer for tax evasion. Pardon the expletives but I don’t think one can discuss taxes without them. Oh – and this will undoubtedly piss some people off. If it does – sorry.
So here I give you my 10 Reasons Taxes Suck.
10. Our taxes go to pay lazy fuckers to sit on their asses. I have a friend on FB who is fond of saying, “Work your ass off so someone on welfare doesn’t have to.” Hey – I don’t mind social programs as a HAND UP IN TOUGH TIMES. But so many people abuse the system and use welfare as a life long means of support. It’s infuriating. Not that I want them to starve or not have healthcare. I just want those abusing the system to have to work like the rest of us. Make them do SOMETHING to contribute to society so the rest of us have no resentment that our tax dollars are going to pay them to be bums. I propose labor pools for those who are able bodied. That way they still get the check, and those of us who work get vital services like clean streets, clean parks, paved roads, etc. As I see it – we have the laborers to get stuff done, we’re just not utilizing them.
9. Taxes limit what we can invest into our retirement accounts (since there won’t be social security when we’re old). If the government is going to cut Social Security anyway – can’t I at least keep what I pay in social security tax so I can put it in my IRA?
8. Us working stiffs have a lot of bills (who doesn’t?). And let’s be honest – food, health insurance, and gas prices keep going up and up and our wages are staying the same or decreasing! Alongside inflation – our taxes keep going up, too.
7. Rich people get more tax loopholes.
6. I can’t write off my cats, or minions, as dependents. 🙁
5. The roads around our house completely suck and they’re closing all the schools and cutting back on teachers and law enforcement. So with all the vital services being cut why the fuck are so many of us still paying 33%?
4. If you’re going to use citizen’s tax money to wage wars then we should at least have a say in the matter. This IS (allegedly) a Democracy.
3. Government officials get to ride in private jets and private cars and live the high life while us working losers are footing the bill! This is not a Republican or Democrat thing — it’s a government thing. Lazy bastards! Drive yourself and fly coach!
2. Taxes make me wonder why government officials are so inept when it comes to balancing the budget. I’m only one person and I’m paying crap-loads (I think that’s an actual measurement) in taxes every year. I don’t get money back anymore. Now if I’m only one person out of millions who probably pay as much as I do… seriously?
1. Writing the check makes me cry. I think of all the bills I could have paid with that money. Or the dental surgery I need that it could have paid for. ::sigh::
So for now, Uncle Sam – I’ll give it up, but only to keep myself out of prison so the taxpayers don’t have to pay to keep my dumb ass fed, clothed, and with a roof over my head.
I should probably shut up now. Rant Complete. [Read that last bit in a robot voice – it sounds better.]