As many of you know, I started the year with a vigorous publishing schedule. I decided on a crazy schedule first, because I had a lot of projects I wanted to get out. Second, because I wanted to challenge myself and push my boundaries. Push I did. I started the year knowing I would have to complete 14 projects.
That ended up translating to: 5 novels (I’m counting TC Darkness as a short novel), 1 co-written novel, 6 novellas, and 1 NF book (private).
As of right now I have a few projects in editing, but only 2 novellas and 2 novels left to write and edit between now and November 15.
Next year will not be this vigorous. I’ll still be writing roughly the same amount, but I’m going to ease up on the pre-order releases and maybe release every two months instead of every month. Just to ease up on myself and leave me more flexibility for some family time. My husband hasn’t been too thrilled about my constant go-go-go schedule this year.
I’m also a little frustrated at the sheer number of 3/4 done manuscripts I have laying around. Things I keep passing up because something new and shiny comes along. I have about 5 projects like this. :/
So my plans for writing in 2021 include (and no guarantee I’ll publish it all in 2021):
- 2 more vampire novellas for Anne O’Connell (these are scheduled)
- 1 co-written novel as Audrey Brice with International Bestselling author Andre Gonzalez (book one in the series releasing this year – next year is book two, obviously – also scheduled)
- 2 more Wicked Ways novellas (these are going to be loosely scheduled)
- 3 NF books that are 3/4 done.
- Thirteen Covens – the last four novellas in BLOODLINES
- Djinn & Bourbon Books 1-3
- Tales from Black Lily (2/3rds done)
- Seven Lustful Sins (literally 95% done)
I will be waiting to publish Djinn and Bourbon until all three books are done and completely edited and ready to go. Then I’ll roll all three out, one after the other with about a month in between them. I appreciate everyone’s patience. 🙂
So four more projects to go for 2020! Wish me luck. I’m planning on taking December off. lol