Since I (accidentally) missed last month’s FM MGR Blog post, I figured I better make this a good one , which is rather tough given the topic. This is also my last FM MGR blog post as I’ve decided to do something different for 2014. Today is also Christmas – so Merry Christmas to all who celebrate. For everyone else, I hope you enjoyed your December holiday(s).
As you can tell by the title, this is a post about favorite things. Every time I think of favorite things I think of Julie Andrews twirling around singing about whiskers on kittens. So cue music – here is a list of my favorite things….
- Snuggling with kitties by a warm fire.
- Watching movies with my husband.
- A snow filled landscape.
- Birds and squirrels playing in the backyard.
- Cakes, cookies, chocolate.
- Sitting on the back porch with my husband in summer.
- Walks around the lake.
- Getting lost in my own fantasy world for a few hours.
- Getting lost in someone else’s fantasy world for a few hours.
- The initial spark of an idea.
- Hearing a reader say something I wrote inspired them or changed their life.
- That sense of accomplishment I get when I finish a project.
- Time spent in meditation, connected.
- Flowers in spring.
- My hands wrist deep in soil.
- Seed catalogs.
- Manifestation and results of The Work.
- Being caught up.
What are a few of your favorite things?
About The FM Merry-Go-Round Blog Tour
Today’s post was inspired by the topic Favorites. This month’s topic in the Merry-Go-Round Blog Tour, an ongoing tour where you, the reader, travel around the world from author’s blog to author’s blog. We have all sorts of writers at all stages in their writing career, so there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
If you want to get to know nearly twenty other writers and read their thoughts on favorites, check out the Merry-Go-Round Blog Tour.