Excuses for Not Blogging
It’s already the 11th of September. This time of year always brings back memories of those we lost this day twelve years ago. It’s also that time of year I begin to look back on the first part of the year, and forward to the remainder of the year.
This looking back/looking forward bit made me realize I haven’t posted to the blog in about fifteen days. It also made me realize just how much I have to get done before the end of the year.
So now for an autumn 2013 project update:
- Rising Darkness: Looking at an October 2013 release.
- DOM359: I’m expecting a January 2014 release (end of 2013 if humanly possible).
- Sacrae Infernales: I’m expecting a 2014 release date there. Probably won’t have it to the publisher until the end of the year.
- Thirteen Covens: (to be determined)
- Eagle’s Talon Gray: (to be determined)
- Black Lily: (to be determined)
- Wortcunning for Daemonolatry – (to be determined)
- Ascending Darkness (to be determined)
- Her Demon Wedding (to be determined)
- Anything else not on this list but you know it’s somewhere in the queue (to be determined)
Please note that a “to be determined” means it could be out next week or next year. Wild hares (or hairs! lol) have been known to run rampant with me, producing random books that weren’t on the schedule (ala Her Demon Lover). I’m rather unpredictable like that. It’s part of my charm.
Yes, there are plenty of excuses I could make for why the writing isn’t happening sooner. Like, I’m in the midst of preparing for a friend’s wedding and I decided to clean my office and prune bookshelves and things no longer needed. Or that I have to prep my taxes for third quarter, or I need to deal with expanded distributions on several books that I’ve been slacking on. Or that friends and family have needed my attention or that summers are notoriously busy times of year Or the fact that I still have a day job and they’ve needed me to work extra hours this year. However, I’ll spare you the excuses. The fact of the matter is that I can only write so much in a year and sometimes what I’m inspired to work on isn’t a project that’s immediately due.
Thus life happens and I fall behind, but you can be assured that eventually every book, story or novella on my plate will be released – eventually. I can generally produce 1-2 NF titles, 2 novels, and 2 novella’s or short stories in one year’s time. Thank you so much for your patience and support!
If you have any questions about release dates on any titles not on the list – please let me know in the comments below! 🙂
Ready and waiting to split those hairs as they hit