– Hats. I love fashionable hats. I really think people should wear them more. I saw a woman wearing a pink, wide brimmed hat the other day. I thought it was awesome. I wonder if I could pull off a breezy summer hat with a blue swath of sheer fabric tied around the side band.
– Soft things. I think everyone should have at least one really soft thing. Soft things are very soothing.
– Warm Fuzzies (maybe even hugs). In my silly wanna-be-an-idealist way – I just wish everyone could get along and be friends. That said, the realist side of me just smacked me upside the head and called me a naive jackass.
– Less talking, more doing! Hell, with as much as we all talk about stuff you think we’d pull our heads out and actually do something. Quit talking and do it already! Nike had the right idea with Just Do It. But really – it’s not just exercise folks. It’s everything. We’re a society of “Discuss it to death!” Or would have, should have, could have. Even worse, a lot of us make excuses as to why we can’t do this or that. If you really want to do it — there’s a way. Just think outside the box and give it a good go!
– Realists. Sadly I think we’re all idealists to some degree. It’s just a matter if you have that realistic side to keep your feet firmly planted on the ground (or not). As someone who lives with her head in the clouds and her feet on the ground, I can assure you it isn’t easy and definitely makes you a larger target, but ultimately it’s worth it.
– Holidays. Why not start a holiday just to celebrate life? Sure, I know it’s something we ought to do every day, but so many people get caught up in their nine-to-five lives and all their responsibilities and worries that I think we need to create a day just so everyone can make it a point to really stop and smell the roses. It would be a day just for the living! (Sorry dearly departed loved ones – we can’t dwell on death all the time.)
– Exercise. Especially in our Burger King culture where everyone expects everything their way, right away. Now. Exercise makes you feel good. There wouldn’t be as many assholes in the world if people felt better (it’s just a theory I’m working on). Maybe there should be one day a week where if you don’t get up and do some sort of physical activity you have to get up in front of everyone in your neighborhood the following week and do the chicken dance wearing a leotard, snorkel and flippers. Speaking of exercise — we really need to (as a society) start focusing on healthy, not thin. There’s a difference.
Okay – enough of my babbling. Enjoy your weekend, get off this damn computer, and get some exercise! (I say it out of love!)