Today I decided to take a few moments away from my writing time to do a career reading for myself. I just asked about my general career. I didn’t get specific. I only pulled three cards, but they actually had a lot to say. Anchor is the middle card, so I’ll read that first and then the one to the left (House), and the one to the right (Birds).
- House – The house itself is a sign of security and comfort, and in career, represents a home-based business or a family business. Both of these ring true.
- Anchor- This is a card of stability, persistence, and reaching one’s goals. In this position, the anchor represents the foundation of my career, suggesting it is stable and lifelong, and that it will be successful. The Anchor + House suggests stability on the homefront (no brainer), and putting down foundations. The Anchor + Birds can represent a lifelong companion. Since I work out of my home, this sounds about right.
- Birds – In a career reading, birds suggest being busy and even stressed. HA! This certainly rings true for me right now.
Now let’s take a look at the card inserts in the exact same order –
- King of Hearts (equivalent to cups) – Kings suggest mastery, control, leadership. Emotional wisdom/maturity. Emotional intelligence. Hearts suggest creativity and compassion.
- Nine of Spades (equivalent to swords)- Nines suggest growth and following one’s dreams. Spades are intense and demanding.
- 7 of Diamonds (equivalent to coins/disks)- Sevens are the number of mystery and change (or stagnation depending on the cards around them). And diamonds are independent, optimistic, and high strung.
If you put it all together the reading says this:
I have built career stability through persistence, setting goals, and following my dreams. The road has been intense and demanding, but my career will be lifelong. I am comfortable in roles of leadership and control, especially with regard to my creative career. (I am a control freak when it comes to the final product.) This is my comfort zone. However – something needs to change because I’ve grown stressed and stagnant, and in order for me to grow I need to do things outside my comfort zone. Now this doesn’t mean changing careers (which is highly unlikely), but it does lead me back to intrepid writing, and pushing myself to do public events which, while I’m getting more comfortable with them, they’re still outside my comfort zone. So intuitively I have known this, and that’s why I’m pushing myself. Also – these cards bring with them a warning to not get so caught up in busy work that I stop creating. Which is definitely a concern at the moment.
Nothing like a reading to tell you what you already know. I actually like Lenormand because they are rather specific. Tarot can be, too, but in a different way.
Now let’s have some fun. I asked when my next bestseller would hit and pulled one card.
- Ring – Ace of Clubs: The ace of clubs is the card of ambitious beginnings or new opportunities. The ring in a career reading suggests contracts or sales. With regard to timing, the Ring signifies the 25th of the month (it’s the 25th card) or something that is ongoing or cyclic.
So the answer to this question suggests either I’ll regularly hit bestseller lists (which I do with non-fiction), or it could be suggesting the next work that is contracted will do very well. Though to be honest, the only thing I’d contract at this point (aside from translations) are movie rights. Whether or not I want to work with a big publisher is a “meh” right now. The answer to this one also made me realize I need to be more specific in my question.
So the next question was – which of my upcoming novels has the best chance for being a bestseller? Yes – I know Lenormand can’t give titles, but it could give me a book number, or the general gist of the book. Right? I’m optimistic. Unholy gods! Guess which card I pulled? Mind you I shuffled! RING. Hahaha Well, there we are. 25th novel maybe? That’s a long way off. I pulled a second card just for snickers and giggles.
- Letter: 7 of Spades: The Ring plus Letter means a contract. Sevens = Change. The Letter itself is often indicative of getting news or that information is forthcoming (with regard to career). It can represent a writer. With regard to time frames, it can mean the 27th of a month, but the letter is usually insignificant in time readings in general.
So there you have it. Apparently, an opportunity for a contract is going to show up soon. Which is funny because I have nothing out on the market, but perhaps I’m not thinking outside the box enough. I also don’t see any indication of a theme for said novel. And THIS is why divination is a relatively lousy way to predict winning lottery numbers. LOL (Teaching by example, glad I could help.)
With my fallen angel Oracle deck I pulled Crocell, a card of mysteries. Basically – that says do a dream divination, I’ll likely have better luck. Indeed. 😉