Editing on ETG didn’t go as planned. Disappointed in myself for that. Think I may have to use some reverse psychology on myself there. There is a psychological block with this book. It represents the end of a journey for me that spanned a good 25 years. I think maybe the problem is I’m not ready to let it go.
But it’s time to move on and I know this. I need to let go of that journey and start the next one. I feel like, in some way, this book is holding me back, but at the same time I think fear is keeping me from wanting to move forward.
So I guess, this observation made, it’s no wonder today’s tarot card is The Sun – a burst of energy shining light onto a situation or project. A celebration of accomplishment and a marker of personal growth. I have certainly come a long way with my writing since writing the first part of the first draft of this novel. Which is, coincidently, why the edits have been so painstaking. About 36K of this novel was written back in 2009. I have 7+ years experience.
Tomorrow morning I go to a funeral. I need to make lists. I have a shit ton of stuff to do this weekend.
- Get all my DCC17 swag, books, etc…. sorted and packed because I won’t have time to do this during the week.
- Put together notes for 3 classes on Sunday. Nothing like the last fucking minute. UGH.
- Seriously – EDIT FUCKING ETG
- Domestic chores, because otherwise my spouse will get annoyed with me.
- Grocery shopping + other errand running.